The Faculty of Science at UWA offers a range of programs and activities to promote the understanding of science in the community.
Schools and teachers
- The ConocoPhillips Science Experience is a three-day workshop held in January each year, and consists of hands-on science activities for school students entering Years 10 and 11 in that year.
- National Science Week hosts events on campus during the third week in August each year.
- The Earth Science Museum provides a rich experience for visitors and valuable services to schools, including resource ideas and professional development days for teachers.
- ICRAR is the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, bringing together researchers from Australia and the world to understand the Universe at different wavelengths of light. ICRAR generates excitement for astronomy through public events and lectures, school programs and resources for teachers.
- Aspire UWA works with 52 partner schools to raise aspirations among high school students in communities typically under-represented in higher education.
- SPIRIT (SPICE-Physics-ICRAR Remote Internet Telescope). An exciting new project developed specifically for students, SPIRIT allows schools to access the same tools used by researchers and astronomers to observe and collect astronomical data.
- Scientists in Schools - a learning experience that allows scientists and schools to work together across Australia in flexible, professional partnerships.
- The Australian Brain Bee Challenge motivates young people to learn about the brain, and inspires students to pursue careers in neuroscience research. Winners represent Australia in the International Brain Bee Challenge.
Business, industry and the general community
- Science Matters is the Faculty of Science's newsroom. Science Matters keeps alumni, staff, students and supporters in touch with what is happening in the Faculty.
- SymbioticA is an artistic laboratory dedicated to the research, learning and critique of life sciences.
- The UWA Institute of Agriculture holds several events associated with Australian agriculture.