We invite Year 9 and 10 students with a passion for science, technology, engineering and maths to the ConocoPhillips Science Experience at the University of Western Australia.
UWA’s Science Experience program offers high-school students the chance to be immersed in our world-class scientific research, and to discover what it’s like to be a university student preparing for the rich variety of careers in science or engineering.
Meet UWA scientists, experience hands-on workshops in our laboratories, and see epic demonstrations of science in action.
During our last event, attendees:
- Performed some “phantastic” physics
- Discovered the technological link between sports science and Hollywood
- Learned how to protect our precious environment
- Peered into the future of astronomy
- Uncovered the mysteries of the heart
- Tested their engineering prowess
- Witnessed the magic of chemical reactions ... and more!
An equally exciting program is scheduled for 2018. Come and join the fun!
About science at UWA
UWA is Western Australia’s top-ranked university, and Australia’s highest internationally ranked university for research in Agricultural Sciences, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science and Engineering, and Marine Engineering (2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)).
For more information on science courses at UWA, visit study.uwa.edu.au.