Join our social circle
Don't miss out on our student and staff stories, scholarship opportunities, news, events and network.
The Faculty is offering seven exciting new degrees commencing in 2015, designed to help you develop a thorough understanding of an area of study, or to assist you to diversify your educational background.
While the standard time frame for completion of these degrees is two years (full time), if you have previously completed an undergraduate degree in a cognate area, it may be possible to complete the master's in 18 months.
A limited number of AUD$2,000 scholarships are available for these new master's degrees (domestic students only).
Science International Postgraduate Merit scholarships are available for international students. Browse the other scholarships available for International students.
Find out what makes us the top university to study science in Australia.
- Master of Biomedical Science
- Unique set of specialisations in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Human Biology and Neuroscience
- Addressing global biomedical challenges (obesity, cancer, neurological diseases, cardiovascular disease etc)
- Unique breadth of expertise across the range of Biomedical Science disciplines
- You can focus on advancing your own discipline knowledge through coursework or research
- Master of Biotechnology
- Unique set of specialisations in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Environmental Biotechnology, Genetics and Breeding; and Genetics and Genomics
- Offers a thorough grounding in state-of- the-art biotechnology in combination with training in enterprise and commercialisation
- Utilises the expertise of world-leading research staff in the Faculty of Science and in the UWA Business School - along with Business ‘Angels’ and mentors in biotechnology spin-outs
- Master of Ecotourism
- Only postgraduate course of its kind offered in Western Australia
- partnerships with local tourism operators and businesses would ensure a deep understanding of the ecotourism industry and sustainable business practices to prepare for real-life situation
- UWA Albany's location - in one of the most environmentally diverse, culturally rich regions with an impressive range of natural outdoor recreational opportunities and strong potential tourism industry partners - makes it a perfect fit
- Covers exciting multidisciplinary material on understanding biodiversity and landscapes, cultural heritage and indigenous knowledge, interpretation and science communication and environmental law, policy and planning
- No science and business background required
- Master of Geographic Information Science
- Skill sets can be tailored to your interests
- Distinctive multidisciplinary approach to spatial analysis with emphasis on applications in both the physical and social sciences
- Broad knowledge and skills provide a wide range of employment opportunities across a variety of industries
- No science background required
- Master of Health Science
- Unique set of specialisations in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Exercise and Health, Human Biology; and Neuroscience
- Acquire a unique combination of advanced knowledge and skills in both a Science discipline and Public Health
- Industry practicum as a core component
- Students are ‘job ready’ at the end of their industry practicum
- Master of International Development
- Unique multi-disciplinary approach, taught by the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Science- across the Schools of Earth and Environment, Agricultural and Resource Economics, and Social Sciences - to ensure you graduate with a well-rounded capacity to effect global and local change
- Broad and interdisciplinary focus also enables a richer learning experience and an appreciation of different disciplinary perspectives which is valued by employers
- Specialisations are unique and provide you with both focus and flexibility
- Taught by very high profile academic staff with rich field and consultancy experience
- You will be equipped with analytical and practical skills to engage critically in development policy, research and practice
- No prior knowledge in development is required
- Science or arts undergraduate background is not required to be admitted in the course
- Master of Biological Arts (coursework and dissertation)
This degree is unique in the world! It is dedicated to interdisciplinary research, learning and critique of life sciences. It is designed for experienced art practitioners, scientists, or humanities scholars who wish to engage with creative bioresearch.Key features
- Cross-disciplinary experimentation in art and science
- Engages in wet biology practice in a biological science department
- A new means of creative inquiry and artistic investigation
- Comprises Art and Science units and a major project and dissertation
- Run by SymbioticA - a leader in Biological Arts with world renowned academics
Back to top