Search projects by research theme
Search projects by schools and centres
A selection of current projects in the School is listed here.
We welcome you to discuss other research project ideas with us. To do this:
Domestic students can contact the Graduate Research Coordinator in the School or Centre in which you wish to undertake research.
International students can use our online enquiry form, which helps us match your research interests with a potential supervisor.
- Lifting the lid on East Antarctica
- This project seeks to understand the sedimentary basins hidden beneath the ice of East Antarctica, and to define for the first time the tectonic processes behind their formation and their influence on landscape evolution and glacial activity.
- Mining impacts on landscape evolution in the Pilbara
- Research is needed to develop better models of hillslope and floodplain geomorphology in the Pilbara, specifically focussed on plant-erosion feedbacks in order to better plan for mine closure.
- New ways of identifying signs of life in Earth's oldest rocks
- This project will combine several state-of-the-art microscopy techniques to provide more robust criteria for differentiating ancient cellular life from non-biological cell-like artefacts and then to apply this knowledge to determine the biogenicity of controversial cell-like objects from early Archean (circa 3.5–3.0 billion-year-old) rocks.