Faculty of Science

Enrolment information

Further information

UWA offers you online access to effectively manage your enrolment.

Enrolling for the first time

Enrolment video for commencing undergraduate students

Timetables and Online class registration (OLCR)

To register for laboratory and tutorial classes, use the online class registration system (OLCR). This is available a few weeks before the start of each semester. Further information related to unit class times and venues can be found on the timetable webpage. If you are unable to find information for your unit on OLCR or the timetable webpage, contact the Science Student Office.


You should re-enrol online through studentConnect. When re-enrolling, enrol in units for both semesters of the academic year.

Changing your enrolment

In the majority of cases, you can change your enrolment online through studentConnect. For further details, including relevant cut-off dates, consult the Teaching periods, census and withdrawal dates.

Invalid units

When you enrol online in a unit and it is identified as invalid, visit the Science Student Office or email us via askUWA. Attend lectures, laboratory and tutorial classes for units marked as invalid until you've had the problem resolved.

Transferring courses

To transfer to another course at UWA, you must submit an application by the due date. Your application will then be considered by the faculty that offers that course.

Credit for previous study

If you wish to credit previous study, either from UWA or another approved institution, towards your current degree, you will need to apply for Advanced Standing. Submit your completed form to the Science Student Office for consideration.

Deferring your studies

If you are planning to take time off, and are not enrolled for any part of an academic year, you will need to apply for Approved Leave. Submit your completed form to Student Administration.

Study at another university in Australia

If you wish to study on a cross-institutional basis, you will need to complete a Cross-institutional Admission and Enrolment form. Submit your completed form along with a brief outline of the unit(s) you intend to study to the Science Student Office for approval in person or via askUWA.

Study at another university outside of Australia

You can study overseas for one or two semesters and gain credit towards your UWA degree. The International Centre is responsible for student exchange and provides all the information you need, including all the places where you can study. More information can be found on the Faculty of Science Student Exchange webpage.