Faculty of Science


Further information

askUWA - current students/staff

Join our Faculty social circle


Welcome to the Faculty of Science at UWA.  Here you will find information to help you re-enrol into the Bachelor of Science (50110).

Prepare to re-enrol

Choose your units

The first thing you need to decide is which units you are going to study. The easiest way to find out about the units you are required to take is to refer to the PSB Academy enrolment pathways.

PSB Academy enrolment pathways
Biomedical Science
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Pharmaceutical Science


You must re-enrol online through studentConnect each calendar year.

Usually, re-enrolments for the following calendar year will commence in December of the preceding year. Instructions will be sent to your student email account before the start date for online re-enrolment. You must enrol in at least one unit for the following calendar year within the specified re-enrolment period in the preceding year to avoid incurring late enrolment fees.

Important dates and availability of units

These documents will provide you important information regarding non-standard teaching periods, unit availabilities/teaching schedules. This information will be useful in planning your enrolments.

Offshore non-standard teaching periods

Unit availability 2015 – 2016

You may also refer to the Offshore science non standard teaching periods table.

Cross-Institutional Enrollment

Information about cross-institutional enrollment.


Your timetable is important because you will need to attend a number of lectures, tutorials, labs, and workshops for each unit.

Timetables will be published on the PSB Academy website two weeks before the start of each term. If you require further information regarding your timetable contact the PSB Academy Student Services Centre.

Changing your enrolment

In the majority of cases, you can change your enrolment online via studentConnect.

If you are unable to make changes to your enrolment online, you will need to submit a change of enrolment form to the Science Student Office via askUWA.

Change of enrolment form

Make sure you take note of the offshore important dates, such as the census and academic withdrawal date, to avoid incurring any financial or academic penalty. If withdrawing from any units, please note that the PSB Refund Policy, as outlined in the Fees and PSB Refund Policy section, will apply in relation to any fees paid in advance.

Fees and PSB Refund Policy


Fees are payable in advance and are due twice a year before the commencement of the respective study periods:

  • Study Period 1 – G2, G3 and G4
  • Study Period 2 – G5, G6 and G1 of the following year

Students should refer to their student contract for an indicative payment schedule. Students who have exceeded the duration of the end date stipulated in the student contract will need to apply for an extension in order to be covered by the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS), which is mandatory. You will receive a form in lieu of a Payment Advice form if this applies to you. Please note that for such cases, prevailing fees will apply.

Payments should be made direct to PSB Academy before the start of the semester. All queries pertaining to fees should be directed to PSB Academy.

PSB Academy refund policy

If you give at least 28 days' written notice (inclusive of Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) before the commencement date of the teaching period for the unit, you will receive a 90 per cent refund of the unit/semester fees.

If you give written notice between 14-27 days' (inclusive of Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) before the commencement date of the teaching period for the unit, you will receive 50 per cent refund of the unit/semester fees.

If you give written notice less than 14 days' (inclusive of Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) before the commencement date of the teaching period for the unit, you will not receive a refund.

Fees will not be refunded to a student who is requested to leave the program because of a serious breach of the University's regulations.

A registration fee of $100 is non-refundable unless the program is cancelled by the University of Western Australia and PSB Academy.

Fees are subject to the Singapore Government's Goods and Services Tax.

Invalid units

When you enrol in a unit and it is identified as invalid, contact the Science Student Office via askUWA. You should attend lectures, laboratory and tutorial classes for units marked as invalid until you have had the problem resolved.

Cross-institutional study

If you would like to study on a cross-institutional basis, you will need to complete a cross-institutional approval form. Submit your completed form for approval, along with a brief outline of the unit(s) you intend to study, to the Science Student Office via askUWA.

Deferring your studies

Since the UWA Science programs are being taught out over the next 2–3 years, we do not recommend that you take long leave or a break from studies, or have any unnecessary gaps in your enrolments, unless you have exceptional or mitigating circumstances or unless advised to do so by the Faculty. In some rare and exceptional circumstances, the Faculty may consider granting approved leave (for up to one calendar year) depending on your course progression.

Forms and information related to approved leave can be downloaded from the UWA Current Students website.

You must discuss any plans to take a break in your studies with the Science Student Office/ UWA Director of Offshore Science Programs. If you withdraw from all of your units without informing us or without our approval, you will be deemed to have discontinued your studies. Given that the courses are being taught out, you may not be able to resume your UWA studies in Singapore and are likely to need to transfer to Crawley Campus to complete your course.

If you are returning to study after a period of leave, it is your responsibility to contact PSB early in November for information concerning the re-enrolment process for the next academic year.

Transferring to Crawley Campus

As a PSB student undertaking a UWA Bachelor of Science program, you may be eligible to transfer to the UWA Crawley Campus to complete your studies in Western Australia. All units passed at PSB prior to transfer will continue to be included on your academic record.

You may also be able to transfer onshore for a short time without discontinuing your contract at PSB. In such cases, you may transfer onshore for one or two semesters before returning to Singapore to complete your course at PSB Academy.

In deciding to transfer onshore, there are several considerations that you will need to take into account.

In all cases, you are encouraged to discuss your transfer options with the Science Student Office before submitting an application. You must also discuss your transfer options with PSB Academy before submitting an application.

Application to transfer form