About the Faculty
We are ranked 1st in Australia for Life and Agricultural Sciences (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2015)
Our world-leading research is changing lives for the better.
Dean's Science Scholarships
New PhD scholarships for academically outstanding students pursuing a doctorate in science.
Science has the power to change our world for the better. UWA’s Faculty of Science is harnessing this power to improve society, save lives and protect our environment.
Our world-renowned scientists are collaborating with international and industry partners to make discoveries of global significance.
Providing the very best experience is a priority for the Faculty; we successfully equip our students with the skills needed to compete in an increasingly competitive employment market.
Science Student Office
- ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology
- Centre for Atomic, Molecular and Surface Physics
- Centre for the Built Environment and Health
- Centre for Energy Geoscience
- Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy
- Centre for Evolutionary Biology
- Centre of Excellence in Biological Arts
- Centre for Exploration Targeting
- Centre for Forensic Anatomy and Biological Sciences
- Centre for Integrative Bee Research
- Centre for Plant Genetics and Breeding
- Centre for Microscopy, Characterisation and Analysis
- Centre for Regional Development
- Centre of Excellence in Natural Resource Management
- International Centre for Plant Breeding Education and Research
- International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
- WA Biogeochemistry Centre
Institutes and Initiatives
Spotlight on our courses:
Master of Environmental Science: Dinah Yunitawati
Dinah Yunitawati talks about her career pathway and the UWA experience.
Master of Biotechnology
Biotechnology is rapidly becoming central to our lives. This course offers a thorough grounding in state-of-the-art biotechnology in combination with training in enterprise, commercialisation and intellectual property (IP) protection.
Master of Ecotourism
The Master of Ecotourism is the only postgraduate course of its kind offered in Western Australia. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the growing ecotourism (or nature-based) industry, and is delivered at UWA's Albany campus, in one of the most environmentally rich regions in Australia.