Faculty of Science

International postgraduate research enquiries form

This form is for international students wishing to undertake postgraduate research in the Faculty of Science only.

Before you complete the form

This is not an application for admission to a course at The University of Western Australia.

The enquiry form will help us to identify an appropriate supervisor for your application to undertake a higher degree by research (HDR).

The form requests detailed information, all of which helps match your research interests with supervisors in our schools and centres.

Our HDR Enquiries Officer will work with researchers across the Faculty of Science, using the information you provide to identify the most suitable potential supervisor.

Contact hdr-enquiry-science@uwa.edu.au if you need help completing the form.

Completing the form will be quicker if you have the following documents ready (where applicable to your current and prior studies):

  • Details of your English language competency (test scores or equivalent)
  • Abstract of your thesis, if you are currently completing a research degree. 250 words maximum.
  • Abstract of your completed master's by research thesis, if applicable. 250 words maximum.
  • A copy of your dissertation/thesis if available (English language version only)
  • Abstract of your completed bachelor degree with honours dissertation/thesis, if applicable. 250 words maximum.
  • Academic transcript, if available (English language version only).

Our PhD Opportunities website:

Both domestic and international students can also use the Faculty of Science PhD opportunities web pages, which showcase a range of specific projects across the Faculty, and provide direct contact details with the research team leaders.

Domestic students (including New Zealand citizens):

There is general information on identifying a supervisor on the Future Students website.

You can also contact graduate research coordinators directly, at the school in which you intend to study.

Interested in engineering, medicine, or business research?

To find a supervisor outside the Faculty of Science, visit the list of graduate research coordinators for all faculties across the University.

Start completing the form